Ken Zarski PT
at Albemarle Therapy Center
1102 Rose Hill Dr.
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Physical Therapy as a field of rehabilitation has a very wide scope of conditions that it can address. It includes dysfunction of the musculoskeletal, neuro-muscular and sensory motor dysfunctions of all the body systems. It also concerns the recovery of those systems from injury, chronic mechanical problems, many surgeries, and the effects of many diseases. The scope of the individual therapist varies, and has much impact on the delivery of care and the range of conditions treated. Not all therapy or therapists are the same, but of course there is a minimal level of expertise across all conditions that should be expected. However, how that expertise is expressed across to patients, depends on the therapist’s “skill set” as well many other personal characteristics.
Ken sees the approach of (Physical Therapy) care to be part art and part science. After determining the general plan of care for the condition(s) found and diagnosis/diagnoses determined by a physician, continuous monitoring of cumulative improvement is included with each session.
Below are some of the conditions Ken treats in the clinic:
- Joint and/or muscular strain (overuse) injuries
- Motor vehicle accident strains, sprains, and trauma to tissue
- Low back and neck pain/dysfunction
- Athletic injuries
- Muscular imbalance
- Chronic headaches and neck pain
- Chronic effects of stroke
- Post fracture care
- Bursitis and tendinitis
- TMJ syndrome
- Scoliosis management
- Weakness in parts of your body
- Some balance disorders
- Chronic effects of earlier injuries, surgeries, and pregnancies (including Cesareans)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Post-surgical weakness, fascial strain, scar management
- Chronic foot/ankle problems(including plantar fasciitis) and orthotic fabrication